Thursday, June 26, 2008

What she lacked in Brains, she make up for in Compassion

Everyone who knows me would agree, I am slightly on the silly side. I wish I could blame that on the cracked skull I was given during a tubing accident nearly 9 years ago which required a trip to the ER and about 10 staples. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure that is the case. I did finish high school with a GPA of 4.25, and still have a pretty high cumulative GPA in college, but I can admit... I'm a ditz.

After a talk I just had with my mother in law, I started to think. What legacy do I want to leave behind? Do I want to be known as the girl that had a big brain, or the girl that had a big heart? That's something I wont have to sit and ponder for long. Being some sort of educational prodigy is not going to bring Glory to God. On the other hand, having a heart that spews with love, will.
So I hope my tomb stone reads... What she lacked in brains, she made up for in compassion.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

love the title! you do have such a big heart and i love you friend. Im so glad that the Lord used our past lives for good and has continued to allow us to be friends even when there was a gap He knew where we would be. I am right there with you on the brain thing, weve talked about it before. I dont know if I want to write a blog about it yet but I think its getting worse :) Love you

Anonymous said...

Girl you have plenty of both! Lots of blonde moments doesn't necessarily mean no brains! But I can definitely agree with you on the compassion department! That's one of the things I love so much about you! And don't worry, my brains are a little lacking for sure!

Anonymous said...

You never would have known this when I spent time with you in Asheville! I don't think it's as bad as you think. :) You're one of the sweetest down to earth people I've met!