Sunday, June 15, 2008

Even those who are surrounded by people are lonely

In a quest for self discovery and a goal to have a Heart like His, I've spent the past few days in contemplation of life. Problem lies with having answers to questions I haven't even asked myself. I can tell you what I don't want. I don't want to be alone.

The rain is falling and in this moment I feel ok with being in the house accompanied only by my dog and the sound of music . Why only now is it ok, I feel its normal. I some times think God created storms so that people would stop what they were doing and appreciate that moment. Why is it that I don't enjoy the company of myself? I often hear others say they wish they could have time to themselves. I on the other hand am on the verge of becoming a hermit (Not by choice I mind you).

So I want to stand in grace and take this time to appreciate all that I have, even if it isn't company. I have Christ in my heart and though there are times when I fear that isn't enough, I have to surround myself in knowing He is all that I need, my El Shaddai. After all, there are those that don't know Christ and though they may be surrounded by people, they still find themselves in loneliness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, miss you, and can't wait to see you soon. Miss you Always. Love. Me

Amanda said...

We are so much alike in this area, thank you for sharing your heart. Lets walk this journey together and pray for each other in this area. I am glad I have you in my life. Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea and thanks so much for the invite. I have enjoyed reading your blog and didn't know you were doing missionary work. This so wonderful! Looking forward to more posts
Barb Armstrong