Thursday, June 19, 2008

Making a Difference

As I was driving home from work today, I had the "pleasure" of drafting behind an 18 wheeler that was carrying what appeared to be 53 feet of recycled material (aka trash). Problem is, he wasn't successful in transporting it from point A to point B, unless point B consisted of the road he was traveling on. At this time my mind begins to wonder. What can I do to stop this situation.

Short of running a Mack Truck off the road in my 4 door Accord, or pulling over and backtracking (who knows how many miles) to collect the garbage he has just ridden the world with... nothing. I had no cell phone, My hands were tied.

A few minutes later, my mind departs from the (not so pleasant) thoughts I was having of this truck driver, to the lyrics on the radio. Like a lesson from God, the words of Jack Johnson's "With My Own Two Hands" filled the car.

It goes something like this...http://youtube.com/watch?v=2OldXKvuljs&feature=related

I know I'm no superhero, but God did give me the ability of Using My Own Two Hands. With them, I hope to make a difference.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you are so good, Nothing like that would have ever crossed my mind. What could I do to stop the trash. I guess thats where we are all different. I love that part about you. Ps you are doing SO good at blogging. Keep it up. And the girls are reading them and love you and wish you could come to bookclub every week :)

JandK Walters said...

love i am so glad your blogging! i cant wait to read all of them! I am going to be in ctown all next week can we hang out ill get ur number from adub. peace,love. k