Sunday, June 15, 2008

Realizations of growing OLD

So it seems to hit quite suddenly. For me the Epiphany came when I was rummaging through pics on Facebook of old High school friends. Scanning through photos I realized ...we're all grown up now. No more excuses of being young and dumb. Even worse is to be old and dumb, because with age comes wisdom, right? Where is the wisdom I was to be granted as a consolation prize to these wrinkles?

It's no secret that I have been suffering from a quarter life crisis for over a year now. I can only pray that God convicts me of this sooner than later, and that I will again be confident in the life that I lead, and where I stand at this stage. Problem with this is, I'm currently behind. Being behind in life is not like running late to work. You can't just step on the gas petal to make up those minutes you spent kissing your husband goodbye.

So whats a girl to do, (or should I say women)? I'll tell you what I need to do. STOP COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS. I have dwelt long enough on this mountain. If there was no timeline, I wouldn't be behind. But who invented this timeline...I DID! I am my own worst enemy. I can't think about what people think of me. I have to remember God has started to work in me and will not stop until I am complete. He has a plan , and though I may not see where he is taking me, I have faith that it is somewhere that I want to be.

Lord I pray for strength today, for I know you are stretching my faith. Please give me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change what I can and wisdom to know the difference, for I have just realized, I'm growing old.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can see now that this new blogging experiance is going to be a great one. Welcome to the blog family. You are an incredible writer and just have this way of putting your thought on paper that draw people in. I cant wait to continue reading these from you. I cant express to you how much I love you as a friend and how much I admire all of your strength and how much you are growing in Christ. You are smarter than you think and have come further than you want to admit. Keep moving you are on the right track. I love you girl!

Bloggerguyatlarge said...

Great thoughts, girl. We love you and can't wait to see you and Matt on the 4th. -- JIMMY

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda/Jimmy I appreciate you remembering me even in Rays thoughts. Someone has Ray hooked on this blogging thing. Now, the timeline should be an appreciation of things accomplished and the life that we have been allowed to live together and as individuals. Rheagan, you are stronger than most in this world in your thoughts, hopes, dreams, and prayers. I believe that the focus should change from where has the time gone to, look what I am and have become. From the yesterday, today and even right now in this moment (a beautiful, intelligent, incredibly honest, courageous, patient, giving individual) Every day we grow, sometimes we have to do it apart from each other. Thank you for allowing me to put a few "wrinkles aka beauty marks, on such a beautiful mind and face. Love you. See you in 2 days.

Me

Nathan said...

You are right on girl! One of the worst things we can do is compare ourselves to others. That is one of the ways we become depressed. God does have a wonderful plan for your life and I'm so glad that I can be a part of your life and watch what God does through you.

Philippians 1:6

Amber