Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Power of a Praying Wife

Throughout this journey of growth, my number one prayer has been that I could one day experience all that God has to offer within my relationship with my husband. I have silently prayed night after night, day after day, that the Lord would work in his heart. It has been a true test of my own faith, trusting that God is capable of doing immeasurably more than I could ever imagine, learning to turn my desires over to him, and being able to accept the fact that he is in control.

Nearly one year ago, Matt and I experienced a fork in the road of our marriage. I was heading in one direction, he in another, and at times it seemed to be impossible to keep my eyes on the path that the Lord so graciously laid before me.

Last night, while lying in bed chatting about my upcoming Mission Trip, Matt said the words that I have been patiently awaiting for quite some time...." Next year, when you lead, I'm going with you". He said this in such a nonchalant manner, he obviously had no idea that my biggest prayer had just been answered. It was as if in that moment, he took my hand and made a promise that we would walk down this path together into eternity. There is nothing in this life that could bring more peace to my heart than the idea of serving the Lord with my husband.

Heavenly Father, I come to you with utter gratefulness that you have shown your grace within my marriage. I ask that you will turn this spark in my husbands heart into an uncontrollable fire Lord that shall never be extinguished. I am so grateful for your unconditional love. Lord I thank you for giving me the Power of a Praying Wife.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

My heart is crying for joy right now for you. Jimmy and I have been praying for you both, specifically last night. How AWESOME is HE! I love you both and I am honored to call you friend. I mean that to the depths of my soul.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rheagan, I got chills reading this! I know what a struggle it has been for you to grow and mature and not see him choose the same path spiritually. I pray this is only the beginning of an exciting road for the both of you. It is amazing the things I have seen God change through the power of praying wives. Love ya!

Tara Rheagan Mckenzie Blackburn said...

Matt has always been a faithful believer, just resistant.