Thursday, August 7, 2008

On A Mission

Well the time has come to put everything in a suitcase and " Go Forth to make deciples of all Nations". I can not begin to express the overload of emotions that are in my heart. Thank God that all the confusion the enemy had filled my head with has come to pass, and the Lord has replaced it with clarity.

Tomorrow close to twenty members of local churches will be hitting the blue skies to travel to Managua, Nicaragua, in hopes of making Gods home just a little more crowded. Our first day we will be privledged to spend with children from the Christain Academy of Las Torres where we will be holding a half day of pediatric clinic. The coolest part of this day is that I, for the first time will meet Hazely Bermudez, a 13 year old Nicaraguan girl that I am honored to sponsor. Its not every day that people get an oppertunity such as this and I am thrilled!

The next six days in Clinic, we will be joining Christ for the City and Medical Missions International, totalling 46 servants of God. I cant wait! The idea of working with such a great group ignites the fire in my heart. My responsibilty while there will be working in Triage. Im slightly nervous but I am confident that God will bless me with the skills that I need to accomplish this task. I thank each one of you that made this possible through your prayers and financial contributions. I ask that you all keep me, the team and the people of Nicaragua in your dayly prayers.

Lord I thank you so much for the oppertunities you bring into my life. I am blessed you have given me the heart for Mission work Lord and I pray that you will give me the mind of a servant. I ask that you speak through me as I share my testimony, and lead devotions, as I always fall timid. I ask that you allow the hearts of each member of this team to overflow with love for your people in Nicaragua. I know that we were all created for your glory, your will and to bring pleasure to you. I ask that I may be able to reflect your image and your charecter as we show these people your mercy. Lord I thank you for all that you are, and for giving me the chance to share the good news with those that do not yet know you. Thank you for sending me
On a Mission.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, this is going to be amazing! I am so excited that I have gotten to go on not one, but now two mission(s) trips with you! You rock! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We're excited for the experience you're going to have down here in Nicaragua...and we're even more excited to see you and serve with you!!!

Amanda said...

I love that you have such a heart for missions. Im so excited to hear about all the incredible things God is going to do through you while there. Know that I love you and I am praying for you.