Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spread the Word

So I consider myself to be a polite driver...sometimes. One thing I make sure to do, is turn down my music as to not deafen those around me at a stop light. Today however, I did the exact opposite.

Driving home from work, I was in a particularly chipper mood. The day was beautiful, my windows were down, hands flowing in the breeze. I approach a red light and instead of turning down my music, I cranked it up. Why, because it was a Christian artist I love (Shawn McDonald), and the lyrics needed to be heard. I was blessed with the talent of playing air drums and air guitar both. Strummin and drummin, I was rockin out.

In my own peculiar mind, I felt this was a way I could witness to a car full of strangers, and put a smile on their face in the process. What better method to spread the Word on your commute home?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing yesterday with a Jeremy Camp song.:) Enjoyed being with you last weekend

Amanda said...

I love it! I will have to say, I laughed when you said you were playing air guitar and drums. Ive never seen this side of you. Keep on being a witness with your music. I will continue to raise my hands praising him too riding down the road :)Love you sister

Unknown said...

I definitely do that too! Sometimes I feel the urge to be like hey guys, listen to this, lol!

Anonymous said...

HA! I do the same thing sometimes!!! :) I thought I was the only one.... It was so fun hanging out this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

small and oddly-connected world in that I followed the link from bill's blog to tiff's blog to yours and thought. Hey, isn't she one of the people from charleston on my buddy Nathan's blog?

Great posts & good on ya for bragging about your man. Us guys do appreciate it even though I won't admit it to my wife ;)