Thursday, July 17, 2008

Habits

Nothin like good friends to drive the enemy away. After a week of experimenting with only 7 hours of sleep instead of my traditional 8, I was left with the blues. Leave it to Matthew,Tiff and Bill to come to my rescue. Its amazing what a good laugh can do for the spirit.

I have been feeling like there are just not enough hours in a day. In an attempt to do something about it, I decided to sleep less. A solid eight hours no more no less, is my bodies functional sleep habit. But habits can be broken and molded into new right... So 7 it is, I made up my mind and have stuck to it for 9 nights. I am living in a foggy haze, half slap happy and half grumpy.

So my point...has anyone else ever attempted to form a habit that you wern't sure of? I know...it takes 21 days to break and form new habits but is it worth it?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ive been trying to make a habit for a while and I can never stick to it for the 21 days so Im not even sure if it works or not. As far as sleep, well you know I walk around in that foggy haze all the time because I require 10 hours and you know I dont get that and even when I do, Im still tired. I cant win. A doctor once told Jimmy though its been proven that as soon as you open your eyes jump out of bed with no hesitation and you this will take several months but its supose to create something in you where you arent as tired when you get up or something. Id like to try that too. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Definitely not worth it! If you feel great on exactly 8 hours of sleep, do it! I wish there was some way I could find to feel good on any amount of sleep. Don't fix what's not broken :D

Anonymous said...

Good call on the thing that your doctor told you, Amanda! I've been wondering that myself since I used to be less tired before I discovered the snooze button... I'll have to try that out!