Saturday, July 12, 2008

Heavenly Request

On Wednesday Matt picked me up from work and we drove down to Kiawa Island for my first visit. A friend had given us a Spa Certificate for a Massage at Sasanqua and oh my gosh, what a treat. All spas are serene, but this one was flat line tranquil, just sitting amongst it's stunning location... Gods country. Nestled in the back of the Island directly on the waters edge, the over sized Oak Trees and hanging moss created the scene of a fairy tale. This was Mother Nature at it's finest, with not a single noise created by man.

As I was enjoying the view of the marsh, my masseuse comes out to greet me. She guides me into the room where my troubles were expected to fade away. Surrounded by the scent of Lavender and the flicker of candles on the wall, she motions me to lie down. Then comes the unexpected. This little 100 pound girl begins to drill her thumbs into my shoulders so deep I thought she may puncture my skin. Oh my, I didn't plan on this massage to be painful. She asks if the pressure is ok, and with white knuckles and gritted teeth, what do I say, oh yes, its perfect....that's right, I lied!!! The only thing worse than lying is being caught, thankfully this time it worked out in my favor because the pain subsides and the relaxation began.

I wonder if this is what heaven will be like. For 50 minutes I couldn't get the thought out of my mind. Not the idea of having a massage on a daily basis but the thought of nothing. No worries, no pain, no interruptions, just pure peacefulness. It's impossible to quiet the world these days. If it isn't the audible sound of moving traffic, it's the visual noise of roadside advertisements. How can I hear what God has to say if he's being drowned out by all this ruckus in my head. So, with that comes my first Heavenly request... Silence..................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMbPSWN3HSc




1 comment:

Amanda said...

Silence....what is that? The enemy makes us work extra hard to hear the Lord in todays world. I cant wait to go to the beach and just sit and hear his still small voice. Miss you